CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pinkalicious

Due to excess whining (not really, but it was mentioned in passing...) that the cub scouts get to "do more fun stuff,"  I organized a Pink Pine Wood Derby for our ward.  The girls had a blast. We had an amazing turnout.  21 girls, including Brooke, made and raced a car.
I love how girly they all turned out.  Mostly.  Brooke's is the one that is yellow and covered in flames...
 More cuteness...

 Brooke after the race.  She took 5th place overall.  And won the "Hottest Car" award.  (The "pink medals" were DingDongs, wrapped in pink cellophane and hung with a ribbon around their necks.  I made pink paper circles to glue on that we wrote their award on.  Cute.  And delicious...)
The dads and daughters had a fun time doing this together.  I love any time Tom gets to work one on one with Brooke.  
And Pop Pop even got in on the action, helping Brooke cut out her car while he and mum were visiting
 And the "concession stand". Popcorn, pretzels, licorice and water.  Perfect to keep the little race fans occupied...


3 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Really looks like it turned out to be a fun event! Your ward is blessed to have you as their Primary president; I know how hard you work even when you are injured. The cars turned out super cute; I love Brooke's hot car. Go, girl!

Linda Westover said...

A Pink Pinewood Derby sounds much more manageable than the "whole ward" derby we did several years ago.
It always amazes me how much fun a simple car and a racetrack make!

Carla and crew said...

Great idea! I'm passing it on to the Achievement day leaders in my ward!