CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

No pictures... It had to happen eventually. Life is crazy. Our best friends were caravaning to Utah with his family when the dad fell asleep at the wheel and woke up as he hit the rumble strip, overcorrected and the van rolled several times. Our friend lost his father and his sister in the accident. His mother and nieces and nephew are all okay (physically). It is an amazing thing how one second can change your entire life. Our friend is now the man of the family and is trying to come to grips with the great hole in his life. It has consumed my own life as I grieve with my friends. We spent all day yesterday splitting a bunch of logs, grinding three stumps and rebuilding a gate at their home. (They are still in Utah dealing with things there) We planted flowers and pressured washed and cleaned the inside. It is hard to be away from someone that you love and feel so helpless. Service really is the answer. We all felt so much better for having done something. Today we finished up the projects and Tom and three of the guy friends flew to SLC so that our friends could fly back and the guys will drive a couple of the family cars home. It would have been too hard for our friends to make the drive back on their own.
I have this baby coming in a couple of days and it just seems like bad timing. I just want to be there for my friends. Maybe a little joy is just what everyone needs.

2 comments:

Rob and Juliann said...

Oh April. I am so sorry! You are such a great friend. I agree in the whole, lose yourself in service thing. I'm sorry that your friends have to go through this and I'm sorry that it is making your life crazy as well.

Cheryl said...

What a horrible thing to happen! They are lucky to have good friends! You're also lucky tohave your mom coming to visit. :)
I'm thinking that you must've already had Sam?????