CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Holy Cow!

For the last four years I've played on and coached a co-ed softball team. First of all - our name rocks. Date Night. We are all just a bunch of married couples from church playing together. It's fantastic. We share a babysitter (who makes some serious cash for watching 10! kids...) and go play. The first season - we lost every game. The second season - we lost every game. The third season - we actually won two games! This season? WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!! We won our league! We rock! We won 6 games, lost 1 game and tied 1 game. We get T-shirts! And a plaque that we are all going to share custody of... Pardon me, while I wipe away a sentimental tear...

(I learned how to do collages, so know you get to stare at even more pictures... I'm in blue in the one picture because I don't have any of me playing co-ed, so that's from my women's team...)
Here we all are. Don't our shirts look great? Jodi and Don (aka Eagle Ink) made them for us! We all had funny nicknames on the back. They show in a couple of the pictures in the collage... It's worth reading some of them... Tom, for example is "Battle Cat"...
Just for fun... Here is what we looked like in 2007...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

YAY!! You won! I love that Farrah is "Asian Barbie"! Matt will love that....what are Colleen's and Shelby's nicknames? Too bad I'm not a part of the group anymore. I kinda miss it...not that I'd play softball.
:0)

April Bishop said...

Shelby is Stretch and Colleen is Queen. Come hang out any time....