CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

And the winner is...

I recently entered a bench pressing competition (and yes, it's okay you laughed when you read that...). We all paid $10 bucks, maxed out, and the competition was on! Whoever could increase their one-time max the most in six weeks would win. My starting max was 105lb. The heaviest starting max? 455lb. I wasn't outclassed at all... :) When we got together to finish out the contest, it was one of the few times in my life I felt tiny. These were some BIG dudes. And me. It was awesome. I won. Turns out it's a lot easier to increase your percentage when you start 300 pounds lower than the next guy. It wasn't even close. I won by almost 10%. My final max was 125. So almost 20% increase in six weeks. Not bad. For a girl...
So what did I win? A basket full of supplements.
Maybe I can sell it to one of the losers...

2 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

Um can I tell you how AWESOME you are!!!! Holy cow! The last time I bench pressed anything was in high school, and I could barely do the bar alone! You're my new inspiration.

Kristie said...

Way to go April!!