CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Brooke's Baptism

It is a great and scary day when your daughter is baptized. You have to hope that you have taught your child enough to succeed on their own. Brooke was so ready. She was very excited and peaceful. Even with the excitement... Tom and Dad went early to fill the font, but couldn't get in the church. Finally they're in and the keys to the font they were given, weren't actually the keys to the font. Brother Hill from our Bishopric came and brought the right keys. Turns out the font water heater holds about 2 gallons. That's why it takes 2 hours to fill. Well, we had 40 minutes. So the men were boiling water on the stove and microwave. The water wasn't warm, but it wasn't freezing either. Makes for a good story later, right? And we only started 10 minutes late. I can't believe my baby girl is 8. And officially a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She is so sweet. And tries so hard. I love this girl. And her father, who is worthy to hold the priesthood. I count my blessing every day. I have so many.
Brooke and Tom before the baptism
Setting a good example to her little sisters
The whole family (rare shot - enjoy it while you can!) and can you tell I'm wearing 4 inch heels? Tom really is taller than I am. In flats.
The amazing men that help guide and love my daughter. So thankful to have these wonderful guys be a part of our life. I loved seeing them surrounding her during her confirmation. What a gift we have been given.
Grandma Beth made Brooke's beautiful baptism dress. They had a great time planning it together. Thank you Beth! Such a talented woman! And great to have Grandpa there as well.
And my parents were able to come as well. So grateful that they made the trip. It was wonderful to be with my parents on this day. They taught me and helped me become the mother and woman that I am today. For that I am eternally thankful.

3 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

That is so special! We really wish we could have been there! Brooke really does seem so mature for her age. It's hard for me to believe that she's just barely 8! Crazy!

I think something has got to go wrong for every baptism. I got baptized in Utah and I guess my font hadn't been used in a while because the top of the water was covered in dead bugs. We all had to skim them off with our hands. Gross!

And on a completely unrelated topic, I ADORE YOUR DRESS! SO HOT!!!!!! You look awesome!!!!

Melissa said...

The pictures are so pretty!! Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations Brooke!