CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's all Fun and Games

Until someone loses an eye...
We had the best ski trip ever the other day. Brooke got carsick on the way up, and threw up all over the car, her coat, two pillow pets and her hair. I fell getting off the chairlift (which incidentally, I have never managed to get off without falling) and dislocated my shoulder. Halfway down the hill we got this radio call from Brooke - "Mom! Alix got stabbed in the eye with a ski pole and is bleeding all over!" Would have been bad enough if I were a fast skier and could get down the hill in a hurry. As it is, I'm not. We found Alix looking like this...
Brooke was pushing off with her ski pole and it slipped and got Alix right in the eye. It went all the way through her eyelid, and she had blood pooled in her actual eyeball, but the eye looked okay other than that.
Another inch over and we might have had a cyclops for a daughter.
And is it just me or does this picture of her three days later remind anyone else of a mugshot?


3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh my goodness!
Stacy was skiing several years ago and his ski and foot went one way, and his ankle and leg the other. After being air lifted to the hospital, an ambulance ride from Banff to Calgary and surgery which included a few pins Stacy has not returned to any ski hill.
So...you guys are eithervery brave or crazy. :D
It's very important to never leave home without prayer. Just think what might have happened without prayer.

Tyrell Berner said...

Oh my! What a day...

Glad Alix still has both eyes!

David & Brenda said...

Wow! Even though you related the lengthy story to me earlier, this post makes me shudder. I'm glad you're ALL okay!! And, yes, I agree that the last post looks like a mug shot. Although I'm sure Alix probably thinks it should be Brooke's mugshot.