CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pioneer Children

Some "sang as they walked..."  Mine?  Sang while they ground wheat...
As good Latter Day Saints, we have buckets and buckets of wheat stored in our garage.  But haven't ever touched it.  Tom, who shall henceforth be called "Food Storage Nerd of the Universe", bought us a wheat grinder.  It attaches to my KitchenAid, but you can also crank that sucker by hand (which will be convenient once the world has ended...).  Which is what the girls did one night to try it out...  

Erin

Alix

Sam

You've seen posts of some of my other bread adventures.  This one was more successful.  I found a super easy recipe for Honey Wheat Bread and it was delicious!  My girls don't like wheat bread and they loved it.  It's possible it's because of all the labor they'd put into it...


 And now?  Food Storage Nerd of the Universe thinks that "we" should make all our bread...  That's what I get for being so successful on my first whole wheat bread adventure.  I'll remember to screw up a little more next time...


And just for fun - look what the girls and I made for the little brothers at the cub scout cake auction...

4 comments:

RenaissanceSista said...

Would you recommend the grinder? I've been thinking about getting one...

Kristie said...

That is a beautiful loaf of bread April! Very impressive!

Cheryl said...

Yummy!!!!!

R & S said...

i wish my husband were a little bit more of a food storage nerd of the universe. i'd love to have one of those grinders!