CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Did you know that it is possible to stand in line from 7:10pm until 9:45pm, just to vote? And to make it more fun, you should always take four tired children with you... Then have Alix and Sam both fall asleep on your shoulder... For an hour and a half. (my arms are finally un-numb enough to type...) Tom had Erin asleep on his shoulder and Brooke was a sweetie and scooted along in a chair that a nice lady found for her. The bonus was, when you are the last voters in the state to cast your ballot, you get to be on the news! It's true. We're rockstars! Thank goodness I wasn't wearing sweats and spit-upy shirt! But we did our civic duty. Even though McCain had conceded two hours before we voted. (Nice to know my vote counted there!)

4 comments:

Gillian said...

Girl, you have got to sign up for absentee ballots. I haven't gone to the polls for years.

April Bishop said...

I love the polls though (usually). I feel like I've really voted that way. Perhaps it's time for a change...

Shelene said...

so how do we see you on the news?

Karen said...

I'm with you...I used to love to go to the polls but this year we were in NH so we got absentee ballots and it was OK!! But if you want to keep going, you have to mid morning or mid afternoon when nobody is there!