CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Two Minutes...

WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!! High poop quotient in the post ahead...

Two minutes. Not so long, in the whole scheme of things. Long enough to ruin my day...
Five minutes prior to leaving for OT, I left Sam playing on the floor to put something in my purse. Fix my hat. Grab some lip gloss. Upon my return to the kitchen, Sam was choking a little. What has that crazy baby eaten off the floor now? Holy Crap! Literally. She had somehow managed to get off her diaper (she was wearing a dress. For the last time...) and was EATING HER POOP! I could have died. Or thrown up. In two minutes or less she was now covered in it. Both hands. Both legs. Her bum. Her face. The floor. Her dress. I had to wipe poop off her tongue. No wonder she was choking... Did I mention that by now it's time to leave for therapy? Of course it is. One super-hero speed bath and new outfit later we were on our way.

Half a bottle of All-Purpose Cleaner - $3.76
2 packages of baby wipes - $4.00
1 bottle of baby wash - $2.50
1 year of therapy -$6,000
Having the world's grossest story to tell - Priceless
I sent Brooke for the camera, but she didn't get back quick enough for pictures. I just couldn't leave Sam covered in poop for one second longer...

12 comments:

Juliann said...

I wish I could spell the sound of dry heaving.

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

that is disgusting!! you know babies are resilient when they can eat all manner of disgusting things and still live! we have several poop stories from our memories too. :0)

Gillian said...

Oh my gosh! NO! Not my little lady Sam! I just can't believe it can be true...

Karen said...

I'm hoping she'll get that out of her system before you get to our house! And thanks for NOT posting a picture...the one in my head is vivid enough!

LeeAnn said...

So funny! I had John read it and he's like, "why would she eat it? Did she think it was Peanut Butter? Tate better not do that." Ya, I'm sure Sam thought it was PB.

Mary J said...

Gross! You win the prize for that story. And I had to gasp at the cost of therapy. Ouch!

Cheryl said...

I can't believe some of the things that happen to you and your family!!! You are such a good mom to not have made Sam endure the ordeal longer than she already had.

Krista and Byron said...

That's hillarious! I've heard of the get into the diaper thing that tots do but fortunately have been spared. My neice managed to reach into hers and finger paint on the walls at church to my sister-in-laws horror. We love hearing about the funny stuff and the girls are all so cute!

author said...

That's hilarious. And the same way a friend of mine got a parasite, lost a bunch of weight, and had people telling her she looked really good.

See? Silver lining.

Lance and Megan Jacobsen said...

April!!! Hey I didnt know you had a blog! Sweet, I will have to add you to my friends. How have you guys been?

Jamie Martin said...

Every parent has to deal with a poop disaster at least once. Although come to think of it, it is always me that has had to deal with it not Jeremy. He is due for his turn. Thank goodness for disinfectant wipes!!!!

Unknown said...

Next time you talk to my husband, ask him about his poop experience with Isabelle - the two of you can commiserate!