CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Trifle Frustrating...


This story begins a delightful success. It ends in tragedy. Such is the life that I lead... I had decided that I was going to win the prize for best dessert at our monthly craft night, so I invented (which really means, shamelessly copied) a recipe for a dessert that Tom and I had in Hershey. The peanut butter sauce? The best ever. The modified hot fudge sauce? Delish. The moist, springy chocolate cake? Lovely. The peanut butter cups? What's to say about perfection? Anyway... The recipe turned out great and looked really great too. I did 10 little "dessert shots" in fancy shot glasses and one large trifle. The trouble began during transport... I was crawling along to not spill anything, but still... the first corner, all the little shot glasses tipped over sideways. Not too bad. I sat them all back up, no big deal. The first stop sign, was another story. They rocketed forward to the front of the cookie sheet and dumped out all over my seat and the floor of the car. Gooeyness everywhere. But more traumatizing, only four survived in a state that they could be eaten. So the rest of the way to the church, I ignored the peanut butter and fudge dripping off the seat and held three shot glasses in one hand, held the trifle in place with that elbow and held the other shot glass in my other hand and tried not hit anybody with my car. Lovely. I didn't even win the stupid prize. And when I was cleaning up at home later, I didn't realize that my new sink sprayer gets stuck occasionally, and sprayed myself in the face. Nice.

8 comments:

author said...

I'm sorry. I mean... I know I'm not supposed to be laughing...

But that's hilarious.

Gillian said...

Oh no...what a nightmare. I hate transporting food in my car. Unless you have someone (an adult) holding it on their lap, it's almost always a disaster.

Unknown said...

Oh... I am sorry! But that was a really entertaining story! And I laughed my head off at the image inside me head! I didn't know you had a monthly craft group! Could you share pictures of your crafts with me? I oversee our craft group and am always in desperate need of ideas! Only if you are open to sharing... :)

Brenda Sue said...

So would you mind sharing that delicious recipe with the family??? I'm sorry for your tragedy!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

what was the winning dessert and who was the judge? Someone without a good palate I'm sure! It makes for a good story though.

Brandon and Emily said...

They win in my book. I would also like the recipe.

Carla and crew said...

I am laughing too! Thanks for that--next time try finding a box to help keep them upright! Once I sloshed baked beans all over my car-not too good, either, but I just scooped them back into the pot and served them anyway--it was a brand new car, so I figured the carpet was pretty clean...before the beans got it!

Unknown said...

Holy cow that's hilarious! I thought stuff like that only happened to me - with blueberry/blackberry pie! Please DO share the recipe though, I'd love to indulge after I have the baby!