CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 25, 2010

Humility...

I was on the stair-climber at the gym. Puffing along, feeling good. When suddenly the chain broke or slipped off (or something) and the feet just dropped out from under me. Loud noise ensues as I crash to the floor, bashing my elbows on the handles, insuring that more people would look my way... Pain. Humiliation. Embarrassment. Laughter (mine and quite a few other people's...). The best part? I was wearing one of Tom's softball jerseys. The name of the team boldly printed in lime green on the front? OXEN.

Nice. Why couldn't they have been a lighter animal? Like the Ants? or the Gazelles? Anything but oxen...

5 comments:

Ruth Sagers said...

You are hilarious :)

Carla and crew said...

Yes, you are hilarious - but at least you were at the gym...working out!!

Jon and Caprice said...

I think people will mock you less with "oxen" on your shirt than they would if Tom's team were the "ants"

Karen said...

Then there was the day I fell on the treadmill ...not once but twice. I drifted off the tread and stepped on the non-moving side and down I went. When I put my foot up to stand back up, I made the mistake of putting it on the moving tread and it slammed me down again. It didn't matter how much I was hurt, I just had to leave the room!

Kristie said...

Ouch!! At least you have your sense of humor! No one can tell it like you can :)