CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 12, 2010

Quote of the Day...

As Brooke was devastated by my refusal to buy her $45 Twinkle Toe shoes...

Brooke - "Olivia (her friend) has all kinds of awesome shoes. It's not fair!
me - "Oh sweetie, I'm sorry. Both of her parents work and so she doesn't see her mom a lot, but they have more money for fun shoes. I stay home and you get to see me every day after school and whenever you need, but that means we have to be careful with our money..."
Brooke - "Yeah? I'd rather have the shoes!"

Nice to know I'm appreciated. But I do understand crying over great shoes!

9 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Glad you've learned not to take the things your daughters say too personally! That's a quality you'll REALLY need when they get to be teenagers!!

Mary J said...

April! This is why I so love your blog. It's hilarious and so relatable!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

She will get over the shoes......eventually. And when she is grown, she will be so glad you were there. After all, you are the coolest mom (that does the coolest activities with her kids) that I know. :0)

Heidi said...

Ouch!! April, I get such a kick out of reading your blog. So funny.

Charissa said...

I remember when Lauren was in 1st grade and during a parent/teacher conference the teacher was telling me about how her little girl would cry and beg her not to go to work. She told me she would tell her, "If I didn't work, you wouldnt' have all these nice toys!"

Karen said...

I told mine I'd be happy to go to work and put them in daycare. None of them liked that idea, but I made the offer :)

Cara said...

Reminds me of the day that we drove by the day care full of bounce houses...I didn't feel so appreciated either, but the sacrifice IS worth it!

Pugmire family said...

I love your blog. It always make me smile!

Cheryl said...

One day she'll appreciate the fact she had her mom at home. She probably wouldn't remember twinkle toe shoes, but she'll remember having her mom answer as she enters the house after school.