CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Not so smooth...



The girls and Tom have been skiing for the last six Saturdays. I have been shopping, cleaning, exercising, sleeping and even once I was watching them ski. But I never ski. I have a bad neck. I have a spare tire. I have a baby. What I really have is a lot of excuses. So yesterday, I skied. Tom said I learned four weeks of lessons in one trip down the hill. Sounds okay until you hear how I got to the top of the hill... No instruction was given to me by my (not so) darling hubby. And he sent Alix with me. She was really excited about going with me (until we hit the top). We got on okay. The view is great. We're half way up and I realize I don't know how to get off. (Should have thought of that before I got on...) So Brooke is behind us, yelling instructions to me (she's nicer than Tom...) that I can't really hear and we get to the top. Apparently you just stand up and then ski down this little hill. Well, Alix told me I had to help her. Help her? I can't even help myself! We stood up too late and I totally knocked us both down. My ski came off, Alix banged her head on the snow. The guy came running over to save us and three other skiers crashed around us while trying to avoid the pile up. Tom, Erin and Brooke were laughing like crazy. So were about 15 other skiers. Awesome. I tried blaming it on the four year old, but it was quickly obvious that she is a better skier than I... Round two. No Alix at least. The guy at the top saw me coming and started laughing... Not a good sign. I did manage to fall again, but I think it was a much more graceful fall... It was a great day, and I really did do okay as long as I was far from the top of the chairlift. Oh - and Alix has said she will NEVER ride the chairlift with me again...

9 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Man, that would have been funny to see. And I can guarantee you, I would have fallen right along with you. I have been skiing one time in my whole life. And I think I was 10. Anyway, your a great sport!

Heather Macbeth said...

That's pretty hilarious. You know what... next time you go skiing invite me along and I'll sit with you and I promise you will look like you should be an Olympic skier. I've never been and I don't plan on it... I have a lot of excuses, too. :)

Ruth Sagers said...

I can't ski very well either. Snowboarding is much easier and more fun! But I agree, getting off the chair lift is the hardest part! I fall every time I get off, too.

David & Brenda said...

So funny!

Carla and crew said...

Kudos for even trying!!!

Cristie and girls said...

Nice! I must say, though, I'm sure I wouldn't have done it any better. I've never been skiing before and I'm not very coordinated! Way to go for trying!

Karen said...

So do you not worry about your neck anymore??

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

HAHAHAHA! You have the best stories! And the best part is that you have the best attitude about everything.....or maybe it's just after the fact that you can laugh at yourself. Either way.....

Cheryl said...

I hope you went iwth Brooke after this first run.