CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 21, 2010

The little girl who cried...

You might be familiar with the story of the boy who cried wolf. This is the story of a little girl who cries. Period. All the time. Dissolves into tears at the slightest of bumps or bruised feelings. Let's call said little girl by the name of Erin... When Erin came in from jumping on the trampoline sobbing, her (super, sensitive & caring) mother wasn't too worried. Quick hug, quick pat, "Go play sweetie. Love you!" Well. Two hours later Erin's (super observant) mom noticed this...
That is quite the nice lump! Guess she really was hurt this time... Woops. She'd lost her balance while jumping and then caught someone's bounce and flew, eye first, into Brooke's knee. (And I don't remember what we had for dinner that night, but it must have been delicious...)

The next night, her eye looked like this...
And a few days later a nice shade of green was added...
And today at the pumpkin patch, she's hardly bruised at all...
So the moral of this story is... Apparently sometimes when they're crying, they really mean it. In my defense, she did just run back outside and keep jumping...



6 comments:

April Bishop said...

And I know I've used the crying picture of Erin before, but it's my best crying picture. We see that face a lot, but I've caught it once on camera...

David & Brenda said...

Love that little girl...crying or not! It's funny that I don't see that side of Erin. She must need her GramSamoa and PopPop around more!!

Heather Macbeth said...

I would love (or maybe not) to meet a mother who has never done this. I feel guilty whenever this happens. Because Skyler's such a crybaby, too!!!! Good for Erin for being so tough, because that really was a BIG bump!!! She's such a cutie. And I loved the comment about dinner. Lol.

Cheryl said...

OUCH!!! What is a childhood without a black eye!? Good work Erin!

Unknown said...

Nice job Mom! Just kidding, I would have done the exact same thing. We musn't coddle our children, we musn't coddle our children...

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

Holy Bump, Batman!! It's good for her. Toughens 'em up! :0) I totally would have done the same thing! We have a crybaby or two at our house, also, you know.