CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I say "z", you say "zed"

After much too long, we were able to take a quick trip to visit my mum's family in Calgary, Alberta Canada.  It's been five years since I've been up.  Too long.  But it was great to see everyone, and finally, everyone got to meet Sam.  Here are some of our favorite times...
Bedtime.  Sister's sleepover, all the way! (and Mischief and Mayhem thankfully stayed in Puyallup.  The girls were amazingly well behaved.  I mean - they're always this good... cough. cough.)
 The girls had a great time blowing bubbles and doing sidewalk chalk for their great-grandparents to see.
 Boom Boom and Baba with Sam.   
 Grandpa showing the girls his "toy car".  Aka - the Smart car.
 Waiting for the C Train with my parents and Auntie Cheryl.  On our way to the Calgary Stampede!
 Who knew we'd all look so sexy in our cowboy hats?
 The girls watching a little rodeo action - the grandparents watching a little climbing action
 Cheaper to feed than draft horses... 
 Brooke and Erin.  The girls all love the military section of the Stampede.  They could have stayed for hours.
 Love those girls!
 My favorite shot of the whole trip... (Erin)
 4 generations.  So lucky to still have my grandparents.  I have such wonderful memories of them growing up, I'm happy to have my children make some as well.
I also bought a year's supply of Canadian chocolate bars...  We won't wait five years again before the next visit!  Thanks to mum and dad for driving up to see us.  The girls always love to see you! Thanks to Auntie Cheryl and Uncle Jim for playing with, and loving my children and for the wonderful chance to see all the family at your house.  Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for letting my children play with your "snatcher", for playing "whale" and for making delicious pedahe.  I love you all!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

It was so great having you and your family here! I absolutely love your family!!!!!! The girls have such sweet and individual personalities. Now when you write about them I know them personally and love them so much deeper! One of these days we might even drop in on you guys...
Think about coming for the Sonberg Reunion in July 2013.

David & Brenda said...

Happy happy memories! Love the title to this blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are so happy you were able to come! All of you, each one, including Tom! Please don't let it take you so long to come back to visit us because it's impossible for us to travel that far anymore. \we sure do love your family! Have a family hug for us! XOXOXOXOXOXO \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\