CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Perspective...

One story, Two perspectives...
His (some random guy doing yard work...) -  Screeeech!  A car slams on the brakes and stops in front of his house.  A woman flies out and starts pounding something with... her shoe?  Now she's shaking the car door.  She lets out a little scream, jumps back in the car and takes off...
Mine - I'm just driving to Winco.  Calmly.  Not really paying attention.  When a LARGE cat face spider drops down in front of my face.  (There's the Screeeech...)  I jump out and the spider fell off my shirt and onto the driver's seat.  So I (not so) calmly take off my flip flop and start trying to kill it.  Apparently if you try and smash a spider on a padded seat, it will fly through the air and scare your pants off... The spider is now on the door.  Thinking a little clearer, and not (quite so) panicked, I decided to shake him off, rather than squish him and have to clean up guts.  The spider fell off, almost landing on my flip flop-less foot.  (There's the jump back into the car... and the scream...)  And off I went to Winco...

9 comments:

Linda Westover said...

You must be related to Karen, though I doubt she would have even tried to kill the thing---she would have gotten the innocent man in the yard to come do the deed! Glad you survived!

Karen said...

I would have probably just had the heart attack!! Then crashed into the bystander leaving him to only wonder what could have possibly happened to the crazy driver.

Brenda Sue said...

Hhaahaha!!! Oh April.. I love you!! I would be like Aunt Karen.

Unknown said...

Cat spiders are the scariest looking spiders. Ever. You're a brave woman. I probably would have cried.

David & Brenda said...

You make me laugh! What a great author you are! Glad I wasn't in your "shoes".

Matt and Michelle said...

April, I LOVE reading your stories. And don't worry, I think a lot of us would've handled the situation similarly.

Mary Ann said...

Love it! Oh and I loved your Mormon.org profile!

Mary Ann said...

Love it! I loved your Mormon.org Profile too!

marcalicious said...

ha ha ha! awesome. :)