CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Talking Sense

While driving home from the ski hill, somehow our conversation turned into a math story problem.  Me, being me, was doing the wrong math.  Tom, being Tom (aka - the math wiz...), was getting frustrated at my lack of understanding (aka - idiocy...).  He was explaining the "correct" (and "correct" is only in quotes because it's Tom who was right.  When I'm right, it's never in quote marks...) way of figuring it out.  Here's a little how it went from there...
 me - "Don't yell at me.  I'm just trying to understand!"  
Tom- "I'm not yelling.  I'm just trying to talk some sense into you..."
me - "Well don't talk sense so loudly..."
And then we started laughing.  And I did eventually figure out why my math wasn't quite working right... Heaven (or Tom) help my children when they need help with math homework...

And aren't we young and cute in this picture?  Brooke was just three weeks old...  And Tom had hair.

2 comments:

David & Brenda said...

I can do math too. 1+1=6

Carla and crew said...

I like Brenda's math! And Barry and I have exactly the same math deal--he helps the girls til they get to Algebra, then they are on their own!!! (and you are Still young and cute!)