CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 01, 2012

You Didn't Learn The First Time?

We had some friends over for NewYear's Eve and while the adults played games downstairs, the kids pretty much did whatever they wanted upstairs... At one point, Alix came downstairs crying and saying she'd bit her tongue.  I took a look and she really had!  All the way through the tip.  I couldn't imagine what she'd been eating to bite her tongue so hard (and they weren't supposed to even have food up there).  In response to my questioning, this is her answer - "I pushed Erin off the bed and when she was falling, she grabbed onto me and then I fell too and bit my tongue when I hit the floor."  Hmmm.  Seems to me like you deserve it.  But here's a kiss, now go play...
An hour or two (or three - who can keep track of time?) later, some of our friends' kids ran down to tell me Alix had a really bad bloody nose.  So I go check it out.  She really did!  Blood gushing all over the place.  What happened?  Here's her answer - "Erin pushed me off the bed and I landed nose first, really hard!"
Nice.  Charming, sweet, lovely daughters that I have... In their defense, they weren't fighting, it was some sort of "game" they were playing.  But really?  You didn't learn the first time?


0 comments: