CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Early Morning Surprise
You realize that "love hath no bounds" when you arise one beautiful Sabbath morning and look out your front widow and behold... No, sadly not the wonder of a beautiful sunrise, or the glory of Mt. Rainier, but instead... The wonder of $30 worth of toilet paper strewn across your lawn, and the glory of 100 forks stabbed mercilessly into your lawn... It brings a tear to my eye to realize that the youth of our ward love us enough to bestow this greatest honor upon our home. I would have doubts to the depths of their devotion if they had instead chosen to bring me brownies, or send a card, or perhaps even call... But I can now state without hesitation, I am finally THERE. Where? I am popular! My neighbor couldn't understand why I was so excited. I feel like I was just crowned Home Coming Queen. They like me! They really do! Now if only they were all here to pick it up. Wet. And Dewy. And dissolving. And stuck on the roof. Before church starts at 9.

The girls had a great time picking it all up and Brooke kept asking "Who would do such a thing?" I just kept laughing and thinking how lucky we were that it hadn't rained last night! Then I wouldn't have thought it was so funny...

5 comments:

Gillian said...

You're popular! :)

Karen said...

I have informed all the youth in our ward that I would have them arrested for malicious mischief!!

David & Brenda said...

You are definitely loved!! Youth just don't think like we do. :) You're good sports, April & Tom! And fun besides. No wonder they feel safe in showing they love you. We do too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

congratulations!!! i don't know why you would doubt your popularity with the youth. you are definitely beloved by them. even i know that. beloved by all even. (well, those of us that matter anyway.)

Rob and Juliann said...

AWESOME! I wish I were popular!