CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Puppy Love

In all reality, as a woman, with a husband, I hate valentines day. I'd 100 times rather get flowers randomly, than because it's a stupid holiday... but as a mother, I LOVE this day. It's so fun. Perhaps it's all the pink and red and hearts? What better holiday for four girls? Perhaps it's all the fun crafts to do with the kids? Or perhaps it's just because I like to get a little carried away... Here is what carried us away this year...

These cute guys are what Brooke and I made for her class' valentines. We hooked on a little card she made that said "I'm Dog-gone glad you're in my class!" And Viola! Instantly, I'm the coolest mom in the world. We had a great time. Brooke cut out all the hearts, put all the wiskers on, and put all the eyes and noses on as well. I think I might have to make these every valentine's day.

The twins mostly helped by eating the extra dough and a LOT of those mini chocolate chips...








8 comments:

Cline said...

Your kids are seriously lucky to have you. You know after I left your house yesterday I thought we should seriously celebrate each others talents rather then compare. What is wrong with women!!! Let’s celebrate!! TO THE WORLD… I DECLARE THAT APRIL BISHOP IS THE MOST HANDS ON CREATIVE MOM I KNOW AND WE WOULD ALL BE BETTER WOMEN IF WE FOLLOWED HER EXAMPLE BY JOINING OUR CHILDREN’S WORLD RATHER THEN HAVE THEM JOIN OURS!

LeeAnn said...

I most definitely agree with the above comment! You are pretty darn amazing. Very cute!!!

Rhonda Shurtleff said...

Wow! I am impressed! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to be better at enjoying my children and playing with them more. It would help us all be happier!

David & Brenda said...

April, I love them! They did turn out great! And so are you!!!

I love you, my valentine!

Brenda Sue said...

Those are really cute!!! Too bad I work with a bunch of guys who wouldn't appreciate something cute like that!! Where did you get the sticks from? I sure love ya!! I wish some of that Macbeth creativity would have landed on me, I just use other peoples ideas!!

Tom and Michelle said...

You are the most creative mom that I have seen. Happy Valentine's. Your kids have the coolest mom.

Cheryl said...

April, you are one of the most creative people I know! Tonight I was at G&G P's house and one of your pictures came up on the frame. Grandpa said she is such a good girl. I thought you'd like to hear that. :) Brooke is looking so grown up!!!!!

Jessica Waters said...

WOW super impressed. I thought I did well with making lip cookies. Definitely not as creative or cute. I am with you not a lover of Valentine's Day but with my four girls I love it! It is lots of fun.