CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Spectacles

Today I realized I have a major handicap. Some of you won't be surprised in the least... I was holding Sam and she reached behind her head and hooked my glasses. And proceeded to fling them across the room. Perhaps not trauma in many lives. But I'm nearly blind. I can't see my feet without my glasses, let alone my glasses on the floor. The bigger girls were still in bed, so I blindly laid Sam on the floor (after feeling underneath her for the glasses...) and began crawling around on the floor, feeling with my hands. I found a binkie. I found something wet. I found two shoes. I didn't find my glasses. What's a blind girl to do? Keep searching. Or wait until you hear Erin ask, "What are doing, crazy mama?" Then have her find your glasses and life can blissfully move forward.
Here are some pictures of the glasses in our family history...

Brooke showing off her glasses as a 9 month old, biker chick.
Alix (in blue) & Erin (in pink) eating with great style in their spectacles
Erin in my favorite glasses ever...




5 comments:

Gillian said...

Cute pictures! I like biker chic personally! :)

Brenda Sue said...

I know how it goes to be blind without your glasses. It's a good thing your daughter found them for you!! You crazy Mamma!!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

So glad you found them. Sometimes when I don't put my glasses on in the mornings, and I try to make food, Matt laughs at me cause my face is practically in the food I am preparing. So sad to be disabled! I feel your pain. My kids also like to play the "Can you see this" game. No sympathy!

Krista and Byron said...

I love the post. They all are adorable!

Cheryl said...

I didn't realize you were that blind! Craig had laser surgery just over a year ago. He now has 20/20 vision. He said that one day he was thinking about all the disasters happening around the world and realized that if something should hapen in this part of the world and he lost his glasses he'd be unable to help his family. Wow! What a run on sentence. :) Anyway, not trying to make you worry, but just sharing an idea. Did the realtor ever contact you to explain? How's the under the bed space?