CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Dance Like No One's Watching


Picture this. A sleek, black suburban drives past you on the street. It's shiny, black, tinted windows give you no clue to the occupants in the back. As you near the front of the SUV, you see a stylish woman. Great hair. Great clothes. Nicely made-up. Dancing like a mad woman! She pulls out the "sprinkler", the "wave" and the "bop your head around". As far as you can tell, she is alone in the car. Whatever floats her boat, right?
Let me now, take you inside the car... Ghost Busters is blasting from the stereo (stupid, I know, but it's the girl's favorite song. We listen to it twenty times a day...) Brooke, Erin and Alix are throwing themselves about their booster seats in an ecstasy of dancing bliss. It's the funnest thing we do. People look at you so funny. I just smile and wave. Smile and wave.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

Very nice. I do the same thing and I add in my "wonderful" singing even if I don't know the words. I'm not sure your brother knew what he was getting into when he married me.....

Gillian said...

I love it! Keep on dancin' girl. :)

Mary J said...

Too funny. I do the car dancing thing too... only when it is dark outside. What can I say. I'm Norwegian. Ghost Busters is great!

Karen said...

Lately, it's been "The Wheels on the Bus," with the actions, for the benefit of the grandchild who won't stop crying in the car for me unless I'm singing...loudly. I'm sure I'm scaring him, but we do what we have to right?

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

so great! we usually just dance and sing at the top of our lungs at home with the stereo blasting. we'll have to try the car.

Cline said...

The Joy of having fun kids!!! My two oldest would say mom stop looking weird. I still have hope for the youngest one to join my weridness!

Cheryl said...

I think this is something we've all done, but not necessarily always with kids in the car.
Hmmm...sounds like you might have to come up with a meaningful consequence to help Erin stay buckled.