CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Star Bright...

Star light. Star bright.
First daughter in my life.
I wish I may, I wish might,
Always hold you close and tight.

Can you believe she's 8? What a sweetie. She is such a great sister and such a sweet friend. I am thankful for a daughter who thinks of others. She is loving second grade and her teacher especially. She makes me laugh every single day. So glad she's ours!
She had a sleepover party and we started off the night making slippers... (sock with puffy paint on the bottom)
Her party was a "drive-in movie", so the girls had to make their "cars". Huge hit. I was amazed at how much they loved decorating and personalizing their boxes. They worked on them for hours...
Brooke wanted to decorate cupcakes, instead of having a cake (I apparently only make adorable cakes for other people's children...) so the candles were a tight fit.
Watching "How to Train Your Dragon" in their cars. They even made cardboard wallets and money and "paid" me when I'd bring them popcorn and drinks. Too bad it wasn't real, I'd be loaded. They were good tippers! :)
Dip in the hot tub at 11:30 at night. They felt super grown-up.
Fun night with some really good girls. Happy 8th birthday Brooke!

2 comments:

Linda Westover said...

You always come up with such clever ideas! I'm definitely impressed.

Cheryl said...

I agree with Aunt Linda; you are a very creative person! Jim said I should share this idea with Carrie for one of her girls. Happy belated birthday Brooke! It looked like a really fun party!!!