CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Pins and Kneedles....

(Two of the great friends who have been taking care of me while Tom is out of town...)

I had my follow-up appointment on my knee today.  The doctor walked in, sat down and said - "Now let me look through your MRI..."  And proceeded to sit there for 20 minutes (really it was more like 4 or 5...) silently looking at my MRI.  I sat there, all pins and needles (get the title now? Pins and Kneedles?) trying to read his expressions and keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for good luck.  It doesn't work any better to cross your fingers as an adult, than it did as a kid...  It looks like I've completely torn my ACL and also have some tearing of my Meniscus.  It was a little hard to read the MRI because of the swelling in my knee and some loose tissue floating around and still hard to do a physical exam, since my knee is still roughly the size of a cantaloupe.  So the doctor wants to wait two weeks and re-examine it to determine what surgery I'm going to need.  It doesn't make all that much sense to me, but I'm certainly not the expert, so I'll trust him.  I'd rather be careful than too hasty and do something that wasn't needed.  So I have some surgery, some time in March.  Until then, I can limp around in my brace and try to rest my knee as much as possible.  Done.  Bring on the Soaps and Bon Bons.... =)

7 comments:

Kristie said...

I am so sorry to hear that April! Stink!! I will keep my fingers crossed that your surgery will be soon with a super quick recovery.

Carla and crew said...

Hurray for the bon bons, but opt for DVDs instead of soaps!! Sorry about your knee, dear kniece!

Ruth Sagers said...

Aww, dang, that stinks. Tearing your ACL is a killer. Hope you get better soon!

Tyrell Berner said...

:(

Soaps and bon bons it is!

Benjamin Macbeth said...

Shoot, That really sucks. You are in our prayer.

Linda Westover said...

Now that's really going to the extreme to teach your girls how much you do for them! ;) Seriously, we'll add you to our prayer list.

Unknown said...

I wish we were a little closer so I could be one of those that help out :-(