CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2012

(Un)Lucky 7...

Erin and Alix turned 7 last thursday.  7.  It doesn't seem possible to me.  5? Sure.  7? No way!  But it's true.  7.  It was an unusual birthday.  Both girls were sick and couldn't go to school and we had to postpone their party.
This is how Alix felt.
 She was the sickest on their birthday.  
This is Alix and Erin at breakfast when they should have been at school, getting lots of birthday attention... 
 And this is where they spent most of the day.  Erin was a little better off than Alix. 
 I had made mini-cupcakes for Alix to take to their class and brownies for Erin to take. They both wanted to take in different things and how can you argue with that? One of the twin things I didn't think about when they were this big... (Alix on the left, Erin on the right)
 And I can't say I'd ever like to go back to this time, but it's fun to look back on and realize we survived....
 We love these girls so much.  Happy 7th birthday girls.
(And yes, we ate all the cupcakes and brownies and I just had to make more, so they can take them to class tomorrow... )

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your girlies! I envy them actually. I always wished so bad that I had a twin. I think it would be so awesome! And sorry they were sick. What a bummer to be sick on your birthday, especially at that age. :( And you are such a super mom for making them each their own individual treats to take to school....twice!! Go April!!

David & Brenda said...

I will never forget Erin's and Alix's births (yes, April and Tom let me be there for the C-ection)and those amazing first days...and months...and years. They have enriched our lives beyond measure. We celebrate their lives every day!