CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 07, 2012

What Would You Have Done?

I was filling up the font for a baptism yesterday.  No problem.  The font faucet and controls are in the men's room.  Turned out to be a problem...

The font was almost full and I had popped back in the men's room to make sure the water coming out was still warm.  I was hidden away in the handicapped stall when a man walked in.  (It was WAY after church, I hadn't even worried about manly company...)  I didn't know what to do.  So I hid.  Which is to say I didn't move one inch.  I didn't want him to see my crutch (dead give away who I am these days...) or the ruffles on my shoes (dead give away I'm not a dude...).  Thankfully his business was short and he left and I decided the font was full enough, turned off the water and ran.

It seemed worse at the time to calmly walk out and surprise him, but it was also pretty bad to stay hidden....  So what would you do?

6 comments:

Heather Macbeth said...

Would have done the EXACT. SAME. THING. Freak-a-leak!!!!!

Mary J said...

Yup. Would have done the same... And reminds me dashing into the wrong restroom in the MTC and finding E. Richard G. Scott who said with a smile "Don't worry. I won't tell."

Linda Westover said...

Isn't there an old saying, "Discretion is the better part of valor"...My question is, would you recognize him by his shoes???

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha!!! Would have done the same thing :) But I would have not been able to be still!! :)

Paul and Marsha Hunter said...

Good thing his business was short, otherwise it would have been super awkward!

Cheryl said...

I would have done the same thing! I had to laugh at Heather's "Freak-a-leak!" and Mary J's account of Elder Scott. There are a lot of funny people in your life!!
I interviewed at a HS for a transfer to teach Spanish and the whole time the principal had his fly down. I didn't get the transfer.