CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Must be doing something right...

I bought Brooke a pair of cute, purple and turquoise shorts at a garage sale for 50 cents.  Good deal, right?  It was a significantly better deal when she found a $20 bill in the pocket... She was SO excited.  I couldn't manipulate convince her that the money should be mine, since I bought the shorts...  She was figuring out her tithing and what she'd do with the rest, when she paused...
"Mom.  I don't think this is really my money, is it?"
me- "What are you thinking?"  (I like to see how their brains work, before I insert my own opinion...)
"It's really the money of the people who we got the shorts from."
me- "I think you're right, Brooke.  What should we do?"
"We should take it back."
And so we did.  It was a great chance to talk about honesty and also about the promptings of the Holy Ghost and how He could help her know the right thing to do.  I'm proud of the girl that Brooke is turning out to be.  Love you, Brooke!

7 comments:

David & Brenda said...

And we love you too, Brooke! Wonderful example of integrity in a world that has gone so far in the opposite direction. "A light on a hill cannot be hid." Keep shining, dear granddaughter!

Linda Westover said...

What was the reaction of the seller of the shorts when Brooke returned the money? Hopefully that was a postive reinforcement as well.

Liz Wilcken said...

Wow. How many adults would do what she did? I probably wouldn't have even thought of that. I would've been excited for my awesome deal. Brooke, you're awesome!

Karen said...

Good job mom!!

Heidi said...

April, you are an amazing Mom. And Brooke is an amazing girl! I'm so impressed!!

Cheryl said...

This brought tears to my eyes! Brooke is a really good girl with awesome parents!

Mary Ann said...

Love this!