CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Quote of the Day

Erin and Alix came downstairs all ready for the day. They'd gotten themselves dressed and even had matching headbands and shoes. So I said...
"Wow. You girls are really grown up. Look how pretty you look!"
Erin - "Sadly, we don't need you anymore..."
Alix - "I need you."
me - "Oh sweetie. I'm so glad you still need me."
Alix - "Yeah. There are just some things I can't reach!"
But aren't they cute? They still sleep like this probably a third of the time. It doesn't matter that they have their own beds. Or beds at all. They'd rather sleep snuggled up together on the floor. Some days I go crazy, but looking at pictures of my (sleeping!) children really makes my heart just ache I love them so much. Even if they don't really need me anymore... :)

6 comments:

The Green-Eyed Girl said...

That's our goal: to raise children who don't need us, because we've trained them so well. The payback is that they WANT us. Karen (How did Lauren get signed on??)

Heather Macbeth said...

That was hilarious! I have to admit that sleeping babies are the best, though.

Heidi said...

Cuteness.....cuteness, cuteness, cuteness!

Shelene said...

Your kids crack me up! They say the funniest things! I can't wait until Grace and Lillian are best friends...right now they fight like crazy! You are our inspiration!!!!

David & Brenda said...

Made me laugh out loud!

And made me think about the time Benjamin learned how to sew (from that time on he always made his own vests to match his dates' prom dresses). His comment? Now that I have learned to sew, if you die I will be okay. (He already knew how to cook, etc.) And he was a teenager!! I felt it was sweet at the time because he was really serious about what he was saying, but it's extra funny when children are small enough they really DO need you!!!! Love those sweet children!!!! And you!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

You're children will always need you to help them reach for something, even if it's just a dream that they are trying to realize.
When I read this to Jim he said this soounds like a comic strip. Hmmm...maybe you should be publishing a book!