CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Scream Like A Girl

Brooke came in from school the other day and the first thing I hear is screaming. Then running feet. Then, "Mom! Mom! There's a huge spider web with eggs all over it!" Ho hum. Whatever. Then this, "Mom! Mom! It's in the house!" Suddenly I care. A lot...
We were going to have a garage sale, but it was raining (of course) so we just put the stuff in the living room to wait for a sunny Saturday. One item was a table that we usually keep outside. Apparently a spider made an egg nest on it and it hatched whilst occupying space in my home. It really was a huge web covered in BABY SPIDERS. Not eggs.
Luckily I think they must have just hatched (do spiders hatch?) because they weren't really moving yet. In my heart I was screaming like a little girl. But Tom wasn't home, so I had to be brave. I unhooked the web from the surrounding surfaces and then carried the whole table out. Only three or four baby spiders came off and then I got to go on safari and hunt them down. I swear that web was NOT there that morning... Can I really be that oblivious? It only took Brooke 5 seconds to see it...

7 comments:

Linda Westover said...

Don't you just hate it when being forced to be brave/strong because no one else is around to save the day?? Guess that's the life of a mother!

Carla and crew said...

that is just gross!!

Gillian said...

Yuck! I absolutely hate spiders and my kids know it!

LeeAnn said...

Uhh, totally gross! Way to deal with it . . . I think I wouldn't have been able to keep so quiet.

Cristie and girls said...

Ummm....I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to "keep it together". You're a better person than I am! Spiders are just yucky!

Cheryl said...

You impress me more and more every day!

Benjamin Kacher said...

"In my heart I was screaming like a girl...." Love it!!!! You crack me up!!!!!