CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

What a Day


You know how some days just don't work out as planned?

Tom got called in to work.
No husband to help at church.
(I lead the music and played my flute in sacrament meeting)
Sam got in the toothpaste.
and rubbed it in her eyes.
Erin got in the mini-m&m's.
and got them all over her Sunday dress.
Brooke's new dress doesn't stretch at all.
She couldn't move.
So we unbuttoned the top and called it good.
Did anyone notice that Alix had on two different black shoes at church?
I didn't.
Until we got there.
Oops. Burned the leftover pizza.
A stray cat ran into the house when the door got left open.
Did I mention I hate cats? (sorry Brenda...)
Oh, and Erin got swallowed by the bean bag.

Could have been worse, right?

7 comments:

Brandon and Emily said...

Sorry. But your musical number was beautiful and Sam was so excited that you guys were twins today.

David & Brenda said...

I was exercising this morning and the thought struck me, "Isn't it wonderful that we have gravity?!" So...in the midst of your trials, just remember...when all goes wrong, gravity is doing what it needs to do. Now THAT was a profound thought!! (And I might add...totally worthless)

Love you, April! Hope today is a better day. I would like to see a video of you and the girls trying to get the cat out of the house.

Gillian said...

Stop being a hater!

And, I hope today is better!

Jessica Waters said...

It days like that that my bed looks so inviting! Hope today is far better.

Cheryl said...

Everytime I read soemthing like your infamous Sunday I think about the children's book 'It's a Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day'. I love this book! However, the great thing about you is that you always find the humour in these kinds of days. what a great attitude!
I understand completely how you feel about cats! Why is it that those of us with cat allergies always end up visit teaching the sisters with more than one cat!?!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

The nerve of Tom going to work on a day like that!!! It's those days, though, that help us be grateful for the good ones!! I'm sure a super perfect day is just around the corner for you! :0) I miss you guys!

Cheryl said...

Erin looks like she is sitting in a giant Wonder Box. :0)