CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 03, 2010

The Great Debate

There are truly important questions that must be answered in this life... Where did we come from? Where are going? Does Santa Clause really exist? Which is better - Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise?

Albert (Tom's dad) made potato salad and instead of his usual Miracle Whip, he used mayo. Tom (who usually LOVES it) wouldn't eat it and Beth didn't like it either. I, on the other hand, for the first time, really liked it. Albert didn't think you could taste a difference... So which is it for you folks? Mayo or Miracle Whip? We've been fighting over the answer to this serious question for years now. There's a poll over on the side, vote and lets settle this for good...

10 comments:

Gillian said...

It's interesting because I use to only like Miracle Whip. Now I really like Mayo (Best Foods) and that's all we buy anymore. I'm gonna have to go with Mayo on this one!

Karen said...

What a ridiculous debate! There is only one correct answer....MAYO!!!

Heather Macbeth said...

Ben and I are both definitely for Mayo but I have to admit that the Southern part of my family makes our classic potato salad recipe with miracle whip. It's the only time I can handle miracle whip.

Unknown said...

Mayo!

Carla and crew said...

Mayo! Best Foods or Hellman's only! But then, of course my children won't tolerate either one, so what do I know?!?!

Linda Westover said...

Mayo! (Best Foods is best, but any mayo is better than Miracle Whip.)
But you can toss the olives!!!

David & Brenda said...

I vote for Mayo (Kraft Olive Oil variety) but a lot of your Canadian relatives will definitely vote for Miracle Whip hands-down!

Cline said...

This house is divided, I think because of what we ate when we were growing up. So, I keep both in the frig now. The whip is commercially developed but has the bragging rights of less fat. Home made mayo is as natural as it comes and taste varies depending what oil is used. Good Luck this debate may not be won.

Kimra Bham said...

Mayo all the way!!!! It's all we use :)

Cheryl said...

Whatever, but Miracle Whip is less fat tasting. Grandpa and Grandma P

I can't really taste the difference between them, but usually buy Miracle Whip. Recently, I;ve started mixing the two together. Aunty Cheryl