CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

America's Got Talent - the Puyallup version

I've got skills. Let me explain...

Brooke had fallen (again) and was bleeding from her majorly beat up knees (it's been a long summer for her...). I was rapidly walking into the garage for my "medical bag" (makes me feel like I might still be a paramedic if I call it that...) when with amazing skill and dexterity I stepped on the edge of Tom's push broom. (See where this is going?) I nearly knocked myself unconscious when the handle came flying at my face at 100 miles and hour! I was stunned (literally...). I couldn't see for a minute and I had tears running down my face and I was doing this awesome mix of hysterical laughter and sobbing. I freaked the girls out a little since they thought I'd accidentally shot myself by the sound the handle made when it hit my forehead... I was sure I was going to have a broom handle shaped bruise up my face... Sadly, it still hurts. It's still a little swollen, but curse my very strong blood vessels! No bruising. Makes this story a whole lot less fun to post!
See? Told you I had skills...

8 comments:

Eric Westover said...

Hope you're feeling better. A few weeks ago, I went into the girls' room to grab a diaper and when I turned around to go back out, the door had started closing and I smacking my head on the corner of the door, saw a flash of light, and hit the floor. Grace had fun climbing on my as I writhed on the floor in pain.

Karen said...

Thank goodness for the Macbeth hard heads!! We probably should have all been born with helmets attached. What did the paramedic in you do to treat your injury?

David & Brenda said...

Ouch! Glad you're okay although I had to laugh in spite of your pain. You shouldn't make everything so funny!

April Bishop said...

Except it really is funny! Tom laughed for almost ten minutes straight when I was telling him. I'm not sure I've ever heard him laugh so hard!

Cheryl said...

I'll have to admit that I responded like your girls...I was a little worried that you had hurt yourself, like a broken nose or something. I hope the firls are enjoying their new school experiences.

Kristie said...

Oh April! That sounded painful. I'm glad there's no lasting effects :)

Kimra Bham said...

OWWWW!!

Tyrell Berner said...

Oh my! I was literally laughing out loud!