CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 27, 2010

Ridiculously Proud...

Of this cake...
I made it for my friend's daughter's Sweet 16 birthday party. I think I might be getting better at this... Thanks to Aunt Linda for the fondant recipe in the family cookbook. I use it a lot. I've modified it a bit to make it easier for me to use, but it tastes delicious and turns out great! (Love that cookbook - thanks to all who put it together...)

This is what the girls did while I was busy...
Now I'm off to go and sweep a few pounds of sprinkles off my floor...

7 comments:

Gillian said...

I'd love to get into making these cakes. One night I was watching an infomercial on the cricket fondant cutting machine and seriously almost bought it! I was mesmerized! It looked so easy and so fun! (Rob would've killed me; we didn't have an extra $300 sitting around!)

Darwin and Candace Johnson said...

Looks awesome! good job! I love the fondant too and use it often! How have you tweeked the recipe? Brenda I totally want the cricut too! Oh and Brenda I still wanna hear about Rob...

Linda Westover said...

I too would like to know what tweeking you've done to the recipe, especially if it makes it quicker/easier to use.

David & Brenda said...

There are too many Brenda's around! It's very confusing!! I think there are 3 who follow April's blog.

April, you are a creative genius!! And you're my daughter! I'm the one who's proud!!!

Cristie and girls said...

The cake was a HUGE hit!!! Everyone loved it! Thanks again! It totally made the birthday party alot more fun!

Cheryl said...

You are very talented! The family cookbook sounds good! :)

Shelene said...

LOVE the cake...Wanna come make Spencer's? I was thinking Phineas and Pherb....just let me know what time you will be here and I will have all the supplies you need! Thanks! :)