CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

the Good, the Bad and the Beautiful...

The good - Someone has a crush on me... He's handsome.  He's sweet.  He's shy.  He's 3.  Noah is in Sam's preschool class and has the cutest little crush.  Good to know I've still got it...

The bad - I mentioned (complained) at spin class how sore I was from basketball the night before and how I'm not as young as I used to be.  The woman next to me made a comment about trying to keep up with "kids in their 30's."     "I'm only 32..." I told her.  She was SHOCKED.  And not in a good way.  She thought I was near her age.  Which is 62.  62!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Perhaps I don't still have it...

The beautiful - I teach an art lesson twice a month in the twins' class.  Last week a little girl pulled me down to her level and asked if I was the twins' mom.  "I am."  To which she replied with a whispered... "You're beautiful..."  Bless you child.

Well, majority rules.  I've still got it.  Whatever it is... =)

(And that stunning dish on the left?  That's me...)

11 comments:

Liz Wilcken said...

Ok, that woman must be BLIND! You look your age :) Unless it's like how my great uncle mistook your mom for ME at Ben and Heather's wedding. Yeah, you know how much me and your mom look alike ;) Although your mom has "it" too, so I don't mind being confused with her!

Kristie said...

What? 62-ish? Maybe she had sweat in her eyes... I'd go with the kids' opinions!

Tyrell Berner said...

YOU DO NOT LOOK A DAY OVER 32! You've still got it! And that little girl in art class is right, you are beautiful!

David & Brenda said...

Oh, April! You have such a gift for making me laugh! You have brought such joy...and beauty...into our lives!

David & Brenda said...

Well...I just read Liz's comment...and I have to say to you, Liz, "Bless you too!" I'm not 62 like the woman at April's spin class but I'm almost 61 and to have you say such a nice thing really made my day. Thanks for the 'day after' valentine. :)

Linda Westover said...

Perfect picture to use for that post title! All four of you were good, bad, and beautiful. Growing up just eliminated the "bad" from the description.

Unknown said...

April,
I was just letting you know that Don Eborn passed away on Monday from a massive heart attack. Hope you guys are doing ok. Email me at garydee_97@msn.com
Dee

Jessica Waters said...

You look as gorgeous as you do in this pic! That is one of my all time favorite childhood pictures!! I wish we could all get together again!

Cheryl said...

You've definitely GOT IT! I think the woman was just trying to make herself feel good. ;p

Eric Westover said...

Maybe your girls told that girl to tell you that you are beautiful to make you feel better. BTW, that little boy on the right is sooo cute!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

62?!?! Seriously, you don't even look close to that age! I think you even look younger than your age! That lady must seriously need her vision checked! And I agree with that little girl....you are very beautiful! And the little boy has good taste! :0)