CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 03, 2012

Snaggle Tooth...

You know how they always pray at the start of Church basketball games that none of the players will get hurt?  Someone forgot to pray for the fans...
We were cheering at Tom's game and Brooke had one of her friends accidentally slam a bathroom stall door into her face... Her face was fine.  Her tooth, not so much...
It hurt a surprisingly little amount.  But Brooke really, really, REALLY didn't want to go anywhere with her broken tooth. 
 Luckily we know a super hero.  Our friend Jonathan is a dentist.  Who had the day off.  And whose whole office was closed that Friday.  He came in on his own time and fixed Brooke up.  I got to play "hygienist".  I'm pretty sure I wasn't any help, but I did have a great time sucking her cheeks and lips into the sucker thing...
 All finished and looking great!  Jonathan did an amazing job and Brooke's teeth look perfect.  
 I am so thankful for wonderful, unselfish, Christlike friends who understand the trauma that a 9 year-old girl was feeling.  Thank you Walkers!
Don't her teeth look great?
Braces next...

6 comments:

David & Brenda said...

Wow! That tooth really took a beating! What a wonderful friend to rescue a young girl in distress like he did. He did do a great job!

Carla and crew said...

Aubrey broke her front tooth when she drove her electric scooter into the back of a parked truck! Aren't we lucky there are dentists?

Linda Westover said...

Having the dentist be a friend of the family probably helped Brooke a lot to deal with the stress of getting the tooth fixed. It's good that you got pictures to document the event.

Jon and Caprice said...

Love the post, love the pictures, but I especially loved the brownies! I am glad I could make Brooke smile again. That's what I love most about my job.

Jon and Caprice said...

Love the post, love the pictures, but I especially loved the brownies! I am glad I could make Brooke smile again. That's what I love most about my job.

Cheryl said...

How scary for all of you! I'm glad Brooke was able together her tooth fixed so quickly!
Sam is such a sweet girl!!!! I hope the increased stool softener makes a difference in her life. I laughed so hard when I read the account of Sam getting out of bed and calling to her sisters! She is such a character! Actually all of the girls are characters and I'm sure they got this quality from their mon. :)