CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 02, 2010

Washington DC

I had a really great trip to Washington DC. I came to realize while there how absolutely proud I am to be an American. And that I wish I'd payed better attention in US History...

So to start, some flag pictures that I think turned out pretty well...
This one is at Arlington National Cemetary
Tom didn't want to come, so I brought my friend Shelby. We hit the Eastern Market...
Watched the changing of the guard at Arlington
Hung out with an astronaut at the National Air & Space Museum... (The company I was with, rented the whole place out for the night and we had free reign of the place as well as a buffet spread through the whole museum. It was great. I loved the flight simulator and learned I am not a good fighter pilot. We were upside down A LOT...)
Saw the Washington Monument
I am around $1,584,400 tall in $100 bills. We toured the US Mint. It was pretty interesting.
Saw the White House...
Went to the Lincoln Monument at night. It was gorgeous!
Decided to re-see the rest of the monuments and the capitol building in the dark as well.
I was a delegate from WA for the National Convention for Modern Woodmen of America (an insurance company I run a couple of clubs for) and that is the reason for the trip. We stayed at a great place in National Harbor, Maryland and got the trip. In return, I had to go to a few meetings. It was totally worth it! Shelby and I almost killed ourselves in the heat on Sunday, but managed to revive ourselves. The only other real trouble was getting home. It took us 33 hours. One late flight can throw your whole trip out of whack. We got to visit lovely Phoenix and San Francisco on our journey home. But we made it! Now to check out some books on US History...

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!! And what a great time of year to renew your patriotism :)

ann and steve said...

We were in the DC area last October. We had such a wonderful time only saw a small portion of things. We want to go back and see more. Arlington was powerful. I was close to tears the hold time I was there.

David & Brenda said...

Great pictures, April! By the way, you are looking wonderful. I can hardly wait to see you in person!