CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Fun (and Utter Chaos)...


We decorated eggs....
and then sponsored our 5th (or so) Annual Day-After-Easter Egg Hunt.
I got a little carried away inviting people this year... In my head it was going to be sunny and the kids could all play outside and it would not be Utter Chaos. I was wrong. It poured all day and all 27 kids and 18 adults were stuck in my house... And trust me Utter Chaos deserves to be capitalized... But it was a lot of fun. We pot-lucked for dinner first and then the dads hid the eggs in the rain. Then 27 kids took off out the door...
Luckily we have this empty lot next to our house and we used that this year... There were hundreds of eggs to find and all the kids went away happy.
Here's the annual picture. We tried for tallest to shortest, but really, there were just too many kids... :)
I'm grateful for good friends who are willing to come and play with us, even when my house is a tad too small...

5 comments:

David & Brenda said...

I just don't know how you do it! Amazing woman, you! By the way, how did you do the eggs? You can call me on the phone to tell me.

Tyrell Berner said...

HOLY SMOKES! That is one huge Easter party... but I'm positive you could pull off any party of any size!

Karen said...

No, tell us ALL how you did the scroll cut egg!!

April Bishop said...

The egg isn't cut - it's just some crafty stuff I have. You put the adhesive on and then these foil pieces are made to stick to any adhesive shape you want. Really pretty and really easy... :)

David & Brenda said...

It's amazing how the brain works. I could have sworn I could see right into the egg...and now I just see foil and wonder how I saw it the other way. I love our minds! Don't know what I would do without it!