CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Race Day...

I've been "torturing" Brooke lately by making her run with me. It's been a little rough. Or a lot rough. But we found some friends to run with and it hasn't been quite so torturous...and for my birthday she gave me what I wanted: Her to run in a 1 mile fun run with me. It was the highlight of my birthday.
Here we are before the race... Brooke's still not too sure...
The funnest part of the race was running through some horse stables.
Sprinting to the finish line.
She did it!
The girls did so great. I was so proud and they were so happy with themselves. The fastest mile they'd done before the race was 14:30. Brooke ran this race in 12:01! My pregnant-with-twins best friend couldn't even keep up with the girls at the end... Brooke was really tired toward the end and really wanted to walk, but just kept on going and even sprinted at the end. I am so proud of her for not giving up. Now we're on to bigger and harder things. A 5k in June... Anyone want to join us?

2 comments:

David & Brenda said...

You go, girl(s)! You both rock!! I'm proud of you both!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

I'm assuming your "best friend pregnant with twins" is Shelby. Is that assumption correct? Twins?! You have to keep me updated on these things, since nobody else does.