CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Little Shop of Horrors

As evening fell, there was peace to be had in land of Bishop. A scream rends the the silence. Then sobbing fills the air. As well as the pounding of smallish feet running for safety. Upon further, wary investigation... A horror and tragedy of epic proportion was discovered. Erin and Alix had taken shears to several members of our extended family. I know you're picturing bloody stab wounds, but... it was worse... Bald "My Little Ponies", shorn "Sleeping Beauty", "Braid My Hair Dora" with no braid left... It was a massacre of beautious locks. Brooke was sobbing over the demise of Mariposa and the twins were sobbing over the demise of their fun. And also their spankings... I was away at the gym when all the drama went down. When I got back to the land of Bishop, Brooke was huddled in the fetal position, still not over the terror of the evening, clutching her ruined dolls. Erin and Alix, sound asleep. So peaceful. So sweet. So banned for life from scissors... As I surveyed the remains of our beloved family members, I couldn't help but burst into (somewhat histerical) laughter. All the new fancy Christmas Barbies now have the same hair cut as I do. At least it's a great cut...

As you can tell from the giant mound of multi-colored hair, I have quite a few more bald ponies and Barbies yet to find...

And looke, the one green pony with pink hair? Still has hair! How did she get so lucky? I'd rather Barbie hair than twin hair, if I have to choose...

5 comments:

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

Those poor, poor barbies and ponies! And poor Brooke. It is no fun sometimes to have little pestering sisters. At least it was not something you treasure like your couches or carpet or something of that nature. Also, since you posted about the scampering of little feet, I have noticed that Simeon hops. Interesting. Maybe scampering is too tame for a rough and tumble boy. I'm still in the learning stage of that creature we call boy. Your posts are always so fun to read. Matt laughs really hard at the quotes of the day. :0)

Gillian said...

This is hysterical! Tragic, but hysterical. Maybe the twins will grow up to be beauticians.

Brenda Sue said...

At least it was the hair of toys and not the hair of your children! Ramona's little Riley cut the hair of her brother!

Heather Macbeth said...

WOW. This really reminds me of the first toy story when all those freaky toys come out.... anyway..... maybe the ponies just needed a more modern style. I mean they've been wearing their hair the same way for a couple of decades now...

Cheryl said...

It could have been worse (maybe not in Brooke's opinion); it could have been their own hair! i hope Brooke is doing better.