CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Octopus For Dinner

What do you fix for dinner when you have eight (yes, really, EIGHT) hungry kids in your house? Octopus of course.


Posted by Picasa
As I have been getting a few comments on what the green stuff is... The octopus is a hotdog that you cut the bottom into "legs" and then boil them and they curl up like that. Then paint on a face in mustard. The "seaweed" is just raman noodles that are boiled in water with green food coloring. Drain the water and you are left with excellent tasting seaweed!

6 comments:

Mary J said...

Eeeeeeew! Okay, this is truly brilliant. I know my kids would love the hot dog. But what is the green stuff?

Gillian said...

You're so creative! I didn't even recognize the hotdog til I read Mary's comment.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! That is AWESOME!! I didn't know it was a hot dog either til I read the comment! But I wanna know what the green stuff is too! And I wanna come to your house to learn fun stuff to do for my kids too so I can be a fun mom like you!

Teshua said...

You are so creative...I just wish I had a creative side. What a fun mom you are!

Heather Macbeth said...

I want you to know that I had a dream about your octupus dinner last night and I'm pretty sure there were hotdogs attacking me in the dream. Anyway, I thought this was super cute! I plan on doing this with my kids!

Karen said...

Ummmm...food only children would LOVE...to eat! The rest of us are content to laugh at it!!