CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Brownie Fix...


Have you ever wondered how new recipes are created? I learned today that it is probably a direct result of understocked kitchens... I have a new girl in my Activity Days group that recently moved and is having a hard time. So I thought, "Let's take the girl some brownies!" (In my world, brownies fix most things...) Out comes the KitchenAid mixer and off we go! I planned on making my friend Shelby's magnificent brownies. (They really are that good!) In goes the oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, four, and WHAT?!!? I'm out of cocoa? Fantastic. I call my neighbor Karen (whom some of the brownies were for, for her birthday...) and ask if she has cocoa. She laughed at me. No. Oh joy. Two more neighbors, no cocoa. Wonderful. It's Sunday, I can't go to the store, and thus a new recipe is born! I learned that if you substitute melted semi-sweet chocolate chips for cocoa, you get AWESOME brownies! Gooey, wonderful, chocolately brownies... And then if you make a hot fudgy frosting and pour it over the brownies, you might have just died and gone to brownie heaven! Thus, Hot Fudge Brownies have officially been invented! You eat them with a fork, and diet tomorrow!

(The picture is of Brooke when she was three. What a cutie!)

3 comments:

Eric Westover said...

I would agree that brownies fix just about anything. We LOVE brownies and will have to give this new creation a try. Also, there have been several times the last couple months that we have been making something on Sunday, only to discover we don't have a key ingredient or 2.

Cheryl said...

Yum!!! I like brownie dough. :) So...I'd probably really like your hot fudge brownies. Thanks for the tip.

Eric and Shelene said...

Diet Tomorrow....that has been my motto for the last year or so....hense the extra 10 pounds I just can't seem to get rid of!!!!!