CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a Day!

Have you ever had "One of THOSE Days"? Just a comedy of errors, repeated one hundred times? Let me tell you about mine.... It all began after a blissfull night in which Sam slept straight until 5 am. Miracle upon miracles! This is going to be a great day! Little did I know... It's now 8 am and I am sitting on the couch in nothing but my underoos feeding the baby. The doorbell rings. Fantastic. Tom's at work, the twins are running for the door (they are highly trained and would never just open the door to a stranger... Yeah right!), I'm yelling to Brooke, "Don't open it! Don't open it!" and "Who is it? Do we know them?" Turns out it was the cable guy. With suprising speed and agility I lept over the back of the couch - I couldn't go around, he would have seen me... I throw on Tom's dirty softball pants and a shirt with at least half a cup of spitup on the shoulder. Nice. "Hello sir, what can I do for you?" I'm sure I was pretty standing there with my great new haircut sticking up all over them place, yesterdays makeup under my eyes, my great clothes, the twins in panties, and Brooke with chocolate cake all over her face. Yes, it's true. I really am a great mother... Cable guy finally leaves. Ah, peace can reign once again. Dream on. Whilst I was shampooing the carpet in the girls room, destruction was taking place in the computer room. (Dum Dum Dum... scary music, cue here...) Do you know what two bags of potato chips (both orange of course, cheddar/sour cream and BBQ) look like when they have been poured out on your cream carpet and then crushed and thrown and played on? It's not pretty. Worse than I looked opening the door! "Girls! Get in here NOW!" In from the trampoline the happy little elves come. Never expecting the smoke and steam coming from my ears... To make a long story short, no yelling, long time out, no priveleges for the rest of the day, some name-calling (them calling me names, not the other way around) two tantrums, six tylenol and one twinkie (for me, not them) later, the situation was handled and we moved on. Terrific. What a great day so far! I love my life. It's a good thing the girls are so darn cute...


5 comments:

Gillian said...

Girl, you have got your hands full! Good thing for Twinkies, right? :)

Karen said...

I think it must come from eating "boogers!" Try feeding the girls Twinkies :)

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

i am so sorry. i hate those days, but you will look back 2,5,ok maybe 10 years from now and laugh. good times, good times. :0)

Eric Westover said...

You may look back in a couple years and laugh, but I will be laughing for a while now. That was hilarious, and yes, I have had one of those days.

Rob and Juliann said...

I'm an oreo girl on days like that.