CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

What a Day - (unfortunately...) Part 2!!

So, here I sit... Let me tell you about the latest in a series of joyous events that have occured today... (See my post from earlier today) It's bathtime. Finally! We've made it to the end of the day. No one has died and things had gotten better since the morning. We are going to make it! Not quite. Erin and Alix are in the bath together. Fine. We always do that. They are so happy that I leave them there to go and feed the baby. Fine. I finish up with Sam and go to wash their hair. First sign that things aren't as they should be... A strong odor of strawberry yogurt. I think to myself, "Odd..." Second sign - the shower curtain is pulled shut. I think to myself, "Hmmmm..." Third sign - Alix saying "I'm going to make the shampoo poop!" I think to myself, "What?!!? Uh Oh!" Fourth sign - I can hardly see the girls for the bubbles. I think to myself, "Now the yogurt smell makes sense - Their shampoo smells like strawberry yogurt" Fifth sign - the water is a lovely shade of pink. I think to myself, "At least they're clean..." Anyway, you get the picture. I tried to wash their hair (with a new bottle of shampoo) and then rinse it. Wishful thinking. Have you ever tried to get bubbles out of someone's hair in water that is more shampoo than water? It won't work. Ever. So... I drain the water. Fine. There are still three feet of bubbles in the tub. Great. Add more water. Get more bubbles. Re-drain the tub. Making progress, only two feet of bubbles left. Finally I just pushed the bubbles to the back of the tub and stuck their heads under the faucet. Not so fine. If you're one of the twins. But at least they're bubble free. Kind of.


Can you tell from all of my retro pictures that my camera is broken? I'm going through withdrawls, but it is fun to look at the girls from awhile ago. This picture was taken almost a year ago exactly.

2 comments:

Gillian said...

I hate baths. For the kids, that is. Mine have been taking showers practically since birth because otherwise it becomes some sort of playground and they don't really come out clean. Sounds like you had quite an adventure over there tonight!

LeeAnn said...

Wow! I'm glad you survived the day. What a day. Hopefully, tomorrow will not be a repeat of today.