CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Girls & Dirt

As a mother of ONLY girls, you'd think that my life would be full of tea parties, rose petals and minimal dirt. You would be mistaken...
In fact, you would be more than mistaken. You would be horribly wrong. My girls LOVE the dirt! We play softball once a week or so at a place called the meadows. Sounds innocent, right? Wrong again.There is a mountain of dirt at the meadows. Not to mention, a spare baseball field. Covered in dirt. Did you know that you can take a "dirt shower"? And all that this entails is throwing dirt up in the air, over your head and then rubbing said dirt into your skin, as if you were taking a shower. You do not, however, get clean this way.
And did you know that after two hours of sliding down a dirt mountain, there is not one bit of you that is clean? I have given the girls baths after softball practice and had to change the water three times! There is a coating of mud in the bottom of the tub. And have you noticed how much hair my girls have? Yeah. Sand and dirt takes a LONG time to get out of all that curly stuff! But do I care? Nope. Should I? Perhaps. But I don't. Dirt is the best babysitter in the world. It's free. You don't have to drive it home (but your car will get full of the stuff!). It doesn't eat anything. It's a beautiful system!
So, in my girly world of dirt showers, dirt slides, dirt fights, dirt stains, and dirt mountains, all that is left to be said is...
Mud pie, anyone?

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Can you say Spray-n-Wash? :)

David & Brenda said...

I sure laughed when I read this! Sadly...or happily...it's all true. :) Do you have a new camera?

Karen said...

Notice the beautiful Seattle skies in the background?? It NEVER rains here and turns that dirt into MUD!! That's a whole new activity with shades of the same bath time.