CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

You might ask yourself (you might not actually ask yourself anything, but it's such a nice lead in...) what great hair, expensive tickets, macaroni and cheese, fabulous music, a sweet husband, a great aunt (and uncle), great shoes (mine - not Tom's...) crappy parking, missed enrichment night, a babysitting grandma, singing in the shower and date night all have in common. Well. The common denominator (never thought I use that word outside of high school!) is PHANTOM OF THE OPERA!!!

Tom took me to go and see it on Thursday night. First of all, I LOVE the music from Phantom. It all stems from Trina playing it non-stop for the formative years of my youth. I had to pretend and hate it, but in my heart of hearts, I really didn't. Now, Trina has never privy to this news, so I am blowing my cover here! Then I got to play the music with the orchestra in high school, and then in 11th grade, Aunt Karen and Uncle Al took us to Phantom. That's the great aunt reference above. So, I have always said that I would go the next time it came to Paramount. It finally did! I almost wimped out and didn't get the tickets because I'm a cheapskate and Tom made me get them. And let me tell you, music isn't his thing... So, I got dressed - smokin' hot, of course (Did you know that it is easier to look smokin' hot in your head than in real life?). 5 inch fabulous heels really help... Anyway, I'm so glad that Tom convinced me to go. I loved every minute of it. I couldn't stop smiling. Here is a picture of us in the theater waiting for it to start...
And a picture of a chandelier. Not the one that actually falls, but it seemed applicable and I'm still working on my "artsy" pictures.

3 comments:

Gillian said...

Look how cute you two are! :)

Karen said...

We still think of you when we see the Phantom...like this week on Wed.!!! It'll be Andrew first time. A phantom virgin!!

Cheryl said...

You are looking so great! You and Tom make a cute couple! By the way, Brooke has always been really cute,but she is becoming quite a beauty! In fact, the picture of Brooke and you together shows how much the two of you are looking alike.